Teaching and Learning Center
Supporting our instructors
Our vision for the future of learning
The Teaching and Learning Center empowers and engages the instructional community in the School of Life Sciences. We work hand in hand with faculty to design outstanding student-centered learning through inclusive pedagogy, evidence-based practices, data-driven decisions and digital innovation.
The Teaching and Learning Center is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion through who we are, what we value and what we do. We offer a wide range of events, services and consultations to cultivate a cycle of dialogue, reflection and transformative learning-experience redesign across ASU and the School of Life Sciences.
We prepare our instructional faculty for teaching success through inclusive and collaborative services and opportunities to learn and embody new approaches to learning in their own classrooms.
We co-design and customize new and existing courses with a focus on quality and inclusion.
We provide access to training and resources to foster ongoing development for instructors and TAs.
We help you incorporate new digital technologies and learning activities to enhance your courses.
We evaluate and align program-level curriculum using data and evidence-driven learning strategies and practices.
- TIC Welcomes You! New Graduate Student Orientation Review 2022
- If You Are an LGBTQ+ Instructor, Should You Tell Your Students?
- How Can We Maximize Student Comfort When Teaching Controversial Topics in Bioethics?
- How Can We Make Online Undergraduate Science Courses More Inclusive for Students with Depression?
- How Can We Make Undergraduate Research More Inclusive For Students With Disabilities?